Improve Your Business!
Is your business Quality in Business accredited? The QIB Accreditation Scheme is a business improvement tool to assist businesses to improve quality and standards, helping them to increase revenue and make more profit.
The scheme has been designed to encourage businesses to think about how they can improve across a number of areas. The scheme is a mix of an online self assessment along with a face to face meeting with one of the QIB team.
Kevin Smith, Chief Executive of the IW Chamber says:
“It’s easy for businesses to participate in Quality In Business. The scheme is a non-bureaucratic framework for improving the way the company operates for the benefit of the business, its employees and of course the incredibly important customer base. The scheme focuses on five key areas of business improvement which include customer care, the quality of your products and services, the business environment, training & development and your reputation within the community.
“Over the coming months I would like to see more companies putting themselves through this process and for the Quality in Business mark to become recognised not only by customers who will know that they are dealing with a good local company, but also by fellow businesses and their supply chains. Quality In Business shows that these companies are great companies to do business with.”
QIB accreditation is free to Isle of Wight Chamber members and there is a small charge for non-members. Isle of Wight Chamber members please contact the Chamber office at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01983 520777 for a 100% discount code.
Why you should sign up for QIB
- Being recognised as a Quality in Business company demonstrates that your company has achieved high standards of good business practice and that you are serious about developing and growing your business
- The QIB mark also demonstrates to your customers that your business is serious about providing its customers with the best quality products and services that it can.
- The QIB accredited logo can only be used by companies that have been successful in meeting the required standards.
- Companies who achieve QIB accreditation will be highlighted on the Accreditation Register section of the Isle of Wight Chamber website and will appear in search listings.
- Successfully recognised QIB companies will be able to use the QIB accredited logo on their letterheads and company marketing materials.
- Benefits of QIB to your business will demonstrate to customers and the wider community of your company’s commitment to maintaining high standards of good business practice.
What do I need to do to obtain QIB
To obtain Quality in Business Accreditation you need to complete the online self assessment form and provide all supporting evidence for your answers. The form covers the following 5 key areas of good business practice which will be reviewed:
- Customer Care
- Quality of Products and Services
- Business Environment
- Training and Development
- Community Standing
Once you have submitted the application form and provided all supporting evidence regarding the 5 key areas an on-site visit inspection with one of the QIB team will be arranged.
Simply go to qib.iwchamber.co.uk and register online with your company details, then proceed to the self assessment Application Form and score your business against the questions and finally submit your application.
If you reach the minimum standard score or over an onsite inspection visit will be arranged to validate your application. If your business does not reach the minimum standard required for accreditation then your business will be supported through a series of workshops and training activities to assist your business to attain the QIB standard which will help you grow your business.
What do I get when QIB has been achieved
When Quality in Business Accreditation has been achieved each employer will benefit from:
- Listing in the Local Accreditation Register for a three year period
- Recognition of the valuable ‘investment’ that Small Medium Enterprise’s (SMEs) make in developing their business
- An electronic copy of the Quality in Business accreditation logo for use on company letterheads, websites, publicity and marketing materials
- Becoming a part of a local network of like-minded businesses who can demonstrate high levels of quality within their business
- Certificate of Accreditation
What is the cost of QIB
QIB accreditation is free to Isle of Wight Chamber members – please contact the Chamber office at email@example.com or telephone 01983 520777 for a 100% discount code.
For non-members there is a small fee for the QIB accreditation. The fee is charged for the administration of the scheme and covers each company for a 3 year period.
Reassessment will be required at the end of this 3 year period to maintain the standard.
The cost of accreditation for a 3 year period is £375 + vat.
For Isle of Wight Chamber members the QIB assessment is included as part of their membership. Members will still need to complete both the self assessment and the face to face interview before accreditation is granted. If a member leaves Chamber membership before the 3 year period is through then the full amount of £375 + vat will be required to be paid.